Swimfolk would love to concentrate this Garmin Vvoactive Black Review on the swimming application included within its design. However, there are some great features that will also be discussed. Let’s see what this multi-activity device / watch has to offer.
- Dimensions – 0.3″ x 1.6 ” x 10.1″
- Display Size – 28.6 x 20.7 mm (W x H)
- Weight – 1.28 ounces (Shipping Weight 11.2 ounces)
- ASIN – B00RE1UL52
- Model Number – 010-01297-00
- Battery – 1 Lithium Metal batteries required. (included)
- Battery charge lasts through all your activities with up to 3 weeks in watch/activity tracking mode or up to 10 hours using GPS
- Ranking – 4.0 out of 5 stars
- User Manuel and Warranty
Garmin Vivoactive Product Features
The Garmin Vivoactive is a Smartwatch equipped with a global positioning system (GPS) built in. It includes a high resolution color touch screen with a battery life
Sport Applications can track stats for the following (continues even during phone usage):
Swimming – tracks laps, monitors heart rates, and provides the average lap time, automatically gauges total and interval distance, stroke count, interval and length pace, and calories burned. Swimming app can also calculate efficiency with swolf (the score obtained by adding together strokes per length, and the time for the length)
Golfing – tallies hole number and par, and user can download course maps, plus GPS measures layup and dogleg distances, and timer counts duration on the course, and measures short distance
Biking – GPS-enabled cycling app measures time, distance, speed, and calories.
Running – tracks distance, pace, speed and calories, and it has a timer
Walking – tracks steps, distance and calories
- Device allows for swim, sweat and shower!
- Customize watch display face with free designs, widgets and apps from Connect IQ store
- Built-in sport’s apps, including GPS-enabled running, biking, golfing, swimming and activity tracking
- Ultra-thin, high-resolution, sunlight-readable, color touchscreen display
- Battery charge lasts through all your activities with up to 3 weeks in watch/activity tracking mode or up to 10 hours using GPS. (Some users claim they charge every 10-14 days.)
- Golf app has more than 38,000 courses worldwide available for download
- Charges at 100% in approximately 30 minutes
- Compatible with iPhone 4S or later and select Bluetooth Smart-capable Android™ devices. Once paired with phone, user will receive a buzz when calls or texts comes in.
- Water and, sweat proof
- Garmin has great customer service
- Swimming application does not adjust for open water, nor for 50 foot or fewer lengths
- Device only operates one function at a time, i.e., tracking a ride, or engaging in any other sport’s activity and telling time requires stopping the sport’s app.
- Display face is dim indoors (brighter outdoors)
- Bluetooth technology is spotty
- Must physically attach the Vívoactive to PC and download data intended for saving
- Device’s band retainer loop is fragile
====================> Click Here to Have Your Questions Answered <====================
This device actually does have a lot to offer. With so many applications, there is certainty something useful for practically everyone’s sport’s activity. Specifically for swimmers, there’s something here for us too. I’m often asked how many laps I’ve just swam and my reply most times is, “I stopped counting after twenty.” Once I’ve gotten my rhythm going, I’m in my zone and only concentrate on my push and pull and kick, and of course, my breathing. For the price of $88, this device is a great value. Click Here if this review made you want to buy one, and please leave a comment below.